Ravenna Italy

Piazza del Popolo

Visitor's Name:

Greet Date:

Greeter's Name:

Piazza del Popolo was built by the Venetians as the core of the renewal process carried out under the dominion of the Serenissima in the city of Ravenna. Its dimensions were defined in the years 1470 – 1480 after widening a small area along the bank of canal Padenna, that once flew under the present crenellated palace looking over the square. In 1681 di Da Polenta palace was demoloshed and replaced by the actual City Hall known as “Palazzo Merlato”.

-


« »